v2.0g - If you have an application which stores URLs in a database, this utility will allow you to submit a request to retrieve those URLs using an SQL interface or an ODBC source. It then will verify the integrity of the URLs and provide a report of those addresses which are not valid. (Horizon/ASP Users)
With v2.0c I have changed the installer I use and also the default Script and Temp Paths. It will prompt you to move the files. Be aware though that this version may not work with old result files. I recommend you finish up any lists you are working on before upgrading so you can start with a fresh Retrieve. In addition, I've tried to carry all the settings, including license info, across to the new location but it is possible something won't move like it is supposed to do. If so, you can track down the old files (register.ini and jturl.ini) and copy them into the new location or simply re-enter the information. If any problems, questions or if you want me to help with the install please contact me. Feedback appreciated.
v2.0g - 12/21/2016 - Functionality and Fixes:
- Changes to Registration Process
- Changes to Install Process
v2.0f - 04/06/2016 - Minor Changes:
- Prompts to resume verification from the last item checked
- Better Error Messages
- Scrolls as it Verifies
- Other minor changes.
v2.0e - 03/30/2016 - Minor Changes:
- Fixed an issue which would cause a hang or delay at the beginning of the Verification process.
v2.0d - 04/29/2013 - Major Changes:
- Various fixes and adjustments.
v2.0c - 07/27/2012 - Major Changes:
- New grid control.
- New Installer
- New Default locations for Install, INI, Script and Temp paths.
- Some format changes for the Result files.
- URLs and Results now list in the grid rather than the Browser window.
- Save option for exporting Results.
v2.0b - ??/??/2012 - Minor Fixes:
- Bug fixes and minor tweaks.
v2.0a - 11/06/2011 - Major Interface Changes:
- Some minor tweaks but mostly significant interface changes.
v1.0k - 1/03/2011 - Fixes:
- Some better error trapping related to the database connection and retrieval as well as some other fixes.
v1.0j - 1/26/2010 - Fixes:
- Not sure how I missed updating the version info for so long and can't remember what all has changed.
v1.0h - 3/27/2007 - Fixes:
- Redirects were reporting as "Not Found".
v1.0g - 1/23/2006 - Major Renovation:
- Completely New Interface
- Removal of some (hopefully) unused features
- Switch to ODBC option only
v1.0f - 1/27/2002 - Internal Adjustments:
- New registration process.
v1.0e - 10/19/2001 - Fixes:
- Fixed problem with verifying links which do not contain a file extension but are not directories.
v1.0d - 9/4/2001 - Fixes:
- Fixed Proxy/Firewall Support. It actually works now.
- Other Internal Improvements.
v1.0c - 8/22/2001 - Added functionality:
- HTML Results Window is now a full-fledged web browser. Simple but functional.
- Added support for tandem use with JTAutoEntry
v1.0b - 1/15/2001 - Added functionality:
- Added proxy/firewall support
- Internal improvements
v1.0a - 9/8/1999 - Added functionality:
- Added the ability to verify Gopher links. (Believe it or not they still exist.)
Copyright ©1999, Data &
Stuff Inc. All rights reserved.